"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Senility Thoughts

Hello everyone. Since I'm still waiting for you to send me your thoughts to post here, I'm having to come up with things myself to talk about. Okay by me, for now.

Someone sent me this thing on senility today in an email ... it's funny and admittedly, I laughed until my sides hurt. Hmmmm ... I don't know, maybe the person who sent it to me knows me better than I know myself (wink).

Anyway, since most of you are about the same age as I am, I'm going to share it with you, and it'll at least give you a smile, if not an all-out belly-laugh.

SENILITY THOUGHTS
Author Unknown


1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

2. My wild oats have turned into prunes, All Bran and hot rice cereal.

3. I finally got my head together, but now my body is falling apart.

4. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded ...

5. If all is not lost, then where is it?

6. It's easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

7. The only time the world beats a path to my door is when I'm in the bathroom.

8. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

9. It's not hard to meet expenses ... heck, they're everywhere.

10. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter ... I go somewhere to get something and then wonder ... what the hell am I here after?

Now, I think you're supposed to send this to 5 or 6, maybe 10, oh heck, send it to a bunch of your friends, IF you can remember who they are. Then something is supposed to happen, although frankly I don't remember what. Crap, maybe you get your memory back ...

God Bless America!


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard at this one! I can identify with going into the room and not knowing why. The bathroom also, but I'm not there much. It just seems that every time I do, someone comes to my door and hits the doorbell, sometimes more than once. That may just be Murphy's Law though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you enjoyed this, Gabby! Thank you for reading and commenting!
    Hugs to you, my friend,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.