"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SUCH GOOD MEN

~Author Unknown~  

"I now know why men who have been to war yearn to reunite -- not to tell stories or look at old pictures; not to laugh or weep. Comrades gather because they long to be with the men who acted at their best; men who suffered and sacrificed; men who were stripped of their humanity.

I did not pick these men. They were delivered by fate and the military. But, I know them in a way I know no other men. I have never given anyone such trust. They were willing to guard something more precious than my life. They would have carried my reputation, the memory of me. It was part of the bargain we all made, the reason we were so willing to die for one another.

As long as I have my memory, I will think of them all, every day. I am sure that when I leave this world, my last thought will be of my family and my comrades ... such good men."


** Let's remember this Thanksgiving and Christmas when we're eating our dinner, smiling and laughing, that in other houses there are empty chairs where heroes should be sitting. 

They gave up their lives so we could sit with our families. So light a candle for the heroes who did not make it back and for those who are still serving in Afghanistan, Iraq or any other place.


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.