"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Sunday, July 20, 2014

It Needs to Be Said: by Tom Peck

Brothers
Hi, CJ, how're you doing?  

I hope I am creating some friction with my posts.  I think reality needs to be faced by those who condone, or dabble with idiocy.

Today's Issue:  Some people seem to feel that posting pictures in the Facebook group is inappropriate, when those pictures are controversial, or against some people's morals.  

There IS another side to this and they won't view it, no matter how anyone tries to explain it to them. 

I feel the pictures were willingly posed for, by those who posed for them, no matter what they looked like. They chose to pose as they did, in what they chose to wear, and they chose to to be seen, just as they were in the pictures.

This opened the post up to comments of humor, as well as to an interpretation that some found degrading. 

We all have our opinions, but let's put the comments into their proper perspective. Women have been judging men for centuries. Men have been judging women for centuries.  That will never end, because neither men, nor women, will ever be satisfied.

I feel our comments are a way of healing and finding a way to take the first steps out of isolation and seclusion, for some.

I feel humor is medicinal and we're not actually judging people, per se. The women, themselves, were purposely posing in sexy (or outrageous) outfits, knowing they would get all kinds of feedback, whether good, or bad. If you saw the pictures, then you know what I am talking about. 

People, we need to face reality and quit ass-u-me-ing about things. Those pictures that were posted recently were deliberately posed for.  No one forced those ladies to wear, (or not wear), clothes -- or in the case of the four over-sized ladies, no one told. or forced them, to wear the bikinis. They purposely chose to wear them and they knew what they were doing (I think).

Call me Sexist, Feminist, Chauvinist ... whatever.  I may be almost 66, but I still admire beauty.  I'm married, but it doesn't mean I'm unfaithful. 

These people, (the complainers), need to get a life.  Maybe the life they live is boring, mundane, or maybe they're stuck on worrying about everybody else's life, because they can't fix their own.  

Morality pops up when you can't fix your own marriage, because you're too busy fixing everybody else's. Or when you don't know how to jump start your marriage and make it fun, alluring, mysterious, sensual, and interesting again. 

Men let themselves go. Women let themselves go.  Suddenly, things are no longer sexual. I think that's what this is all about -- imposing one's morals, or beliefs, onto others they don't understand, or even want to understand.

Our comments in the group are all in fun and comradely. I feel those that don't like it have options:  look, don't look, or use the on/off switch.  

Let us communicate.  Let us heal.  Let us bond. We've earned the right.  We've sacrificed a lot for that right. We've all bled for that right and I for one have sacrificed 22-plus years for that right.

Those that sacrifice nothing have misguided views. They preach the past, but contribute nothing to the present. 

WE THE PEOPLE no longer means we the people in Washington. Words solve nothing, when you haven't sacrificed anything to learn from those words. We of the past are not humbled by the ignorance of the present, but we are shaking our heads in utter amazement.

Those of us who have sacrificed so much to protect The Right to Freedom wonder how long any of us will have it.  View me as you will, but history repeats itself way too many times at our -- at your -- expense ...

Tom Peck
USMC Vietnam
January-August '69
WIA 28 July "69


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

Do you have an opinion, or a comment, you would like to share about this post? Click on the comment button.



3 comments:

  1. why do you only identify as a viet vet. have you done anything else in the 40+ years since you left the service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have a point kind of. However, yes, people have the right to do what they want and dress how they want, being skinny, fat, black, white, brown. MY thing is this, when women take photos with hardly anything on, that is telling me that they lack self-esteem. then again they go out in public and expect guys to respect them when they dress like cheap whores. You can call me what you want. But I call a spade a spade. The guy has NO right to rape a woman for the way they are dressed. However, why invite trouble. Our society is so caught up in the BS and want to change things that don't need changing, you have very young girls dressing up in daisy dukes and want to act all grown up when they are just little girls. Even though we sometimes blame our society and MTV or rated R movies. it all boils down to the parents. this message is for the parents: STOP being your kids friend and be their parents. disiplne starts at home not at school, not at friends homes. but your home. So wake up mom and dad and set your kids straight.

    Robert Moya
    USA, OIF and OEF
    Disabled Combat Veteran 05-09

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Peck

    You certainly have a right to your views, as does everyone else. I also served during the Vietnam conflict 1964-70 as a Navy Corpsman and spent most of my time with the Marines. I can't remember a vet expressing what he sacrificed as much as you did. Most veterans I know don't advertise their sacrifice in such a way, most veterans from most wars are very modest.
    While I don't know exactly what you are intending to convey about posing in minimal dress or no dress at all, but there is a time and place for everything. If it is in a place accessible by the younger, more impressionable generation, it can affect their focus and concentration by appealing to their hormonal proclivities. It may become all they focus on, and send them in the wrong direction.
    Men and women do think differently and sometimes not understanding that causes problems in a relationship. When a female does something that I find incredible, I stop and say to myself "I can't see it from their view, and I understand" They also do not understand why we do what we do, but if they just accept we are males it will work out.
    I have worked with men who tell their son's from and early age about how to thrust themselves on the ladies in school to get what they want. In other words don't be shy. I always ask them do they have the same goals for their daughter and coach them to be aggressive to boys, to "get some" as soon as possible. They quit laughing then. I say if it's good for your son, it should be good for your daughter.
    A time and place for everything Mr. Peck, for the childrens sake. To many of these on line sites can be visited by all ages, do you think that is appropriate? ~Frank Fox

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.