"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Monday, May 2, 2011

Thank a Veteran


I borrowed this post from a blog website where I was reading today called, Vietnam War Letters.  It's excellent advice ... my thanks to you all, as well.

Thank a Veteran 
(Article from Blog: Vietnam War Letters)

Back in 2004, at my workplace, they decided to send a care package to my son and his MP Company in Afghanistan. As word spread, people from all over the company I worked for, came with items to send the troops. People were very eager to do anything they could to let them know that they were appreciated. The care package quickly turned into numerous packages. All of the work, and all the expense, was taken over by my co-workers. It is something I will never forget. 
   

I realized that people were doing their best to say thank you to those serving overseas. That made me stop and think that I worked with several veterans, and I had never taken the time to thank them for their service. Well, to make a long story short, I went to them one at a time, and thanked them. Not only did it make me feel good, but it was the right thing to do. 
 

I would suggest that if you are reading this, and know a veteran, thank them for their service. “Thank you for your service” are just five short words, but they can mean a great deal to someone who has never heard them.
   

And if you are reading this and you are a veteran, Thank You.


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.