"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Saturday, September 17, 2011

9-11 Revisited


Dear CJ,
I hope this email finds you and your family well and enjoying the summer. We are having cool mornings and warm afternoons. I love this time of year.

As we prepared for the memorial services planned around our country for the 9-11-01 tragedy, we talked a lot in my family and among friends and the community about the impact it had on us as a nation. There has been a real awakening among those who have not served in the military. They now have such respect and honor for all those who served and for what they do and have done to protect us as a nation.

I have talked to a lot of veterans lately about their service and what has happened over the years. The one thing that I am most proud of, is that all of them say the same thing: "We were proud to serve. If my country needs me I will fight again to protect us. This, coming from those who were 80-90 years old, makes me proud to be an American.

I only hope all those who try to belittle and degrade what our military does will realize if not for all of us, they wouldn't be able to do half of what they do without the fear of retribution or physical harm.

To all who perished on 9-1-01, I pray for their families and for them personally. They are with our Lord and Savior and we know they are at peace.

Sgt Bob Butcher
US Army 1968-1971
Vietnam vet 54th ord co. Long Bien
The Bman


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.