"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Friday, December 16, 2011

ELEVEN

This came in an email to me from a friend of ours, Al Comeau.  The film is excellent and I proudly salute the eleven men who were awarded the Certificate of Recognition.

CJ,

Thanks for following me on Twitter (NamVet65) and I would like to share with you a film where I was interviewed for my service along with 10 other veterans who served in conflicts from WWII to the current Operations Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF).

The film was presented on Veterans Day 2011 at the University of Connecticut - Waterbury, Connecticut Campus and where we eleven veterans were awarded certificates of recognition for our service by U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal and U.S. Congressman Christopher Murphy, both of Connecticut.

The film is: ELEVEN

Something to remember and that I quoted during the time I was with the production staff was, and I quote: "Courage is Fear Holding on for a Minute Longer." (General George Patton). The Eleven veterans interviewed in the film shared that same sentiment.

I also said that the ability to survive under extreme combat is to accept the fact that you WILL die and only then will COURAGE become your greatest ally in that fight against overwhelming odds. I guess the same can be said for each of us who travels the path of life.

Dying is inevitable and life's struggles will become less stressful, if we could all accept our ultimate fate. A little FAITH in what might await us in the hereafter doesn't hurt, either.

I have submitted material in the past that you have been so kind to place on your blog, Memoirs From Nam, and now, perhaps, you can put a face to my name.

Thanks for all that you do and a "Merry Christmas" season to you.

Al Comeau
Vietnam Veteran (US Army)
DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
Volunteer, Veterans Service Officer
Telephone: (203) 419-0378 (Home)
(203) 597-7687 (Cell)
E-mail: ahcomeau1969@comcast.net


***Merry Christmas to you, too, Al, and again, Welcome Home my friend.
CJ

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. If you would like to see the entire documentary film "ELEVEN" please visit; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98js1L_eLw

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.