"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soldiers Christmas Poem

I have a special request that I'm sending out to you today.  Go into your memories, back to your time in service in Vietnam, or maybe another country where you were stationed during that time.  I would like to post your Christmas memory here on Memoirs.  Was it a memory of a poignant letter or card you received?  A memorable gift?  Or maybe it was the way you celebrated one lonely Christmas Eve with a buddy, or buddies, in country.  Or you could write about a Christmas memory that made a difference in your life.

I'll be waiting to hear from you ... thank you, and Merry Christmas.
Your friend,
CJ





“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.