"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Monday, April 7, 2014

This is My Country

[This was sent to me by my brother-in-law, Dennis Kempf.  As far as we know, it was anonymous]

"My great-great-grandfather watched as his friends died in the Civil War. My grandfather watched as his friends died in WWI.  My father watched as his friends died in WWII and I watched as my friends died in Vietnam.

Every single one of them died for the U.S. flag.

In Texas, a student raised a Mexican flag on a school flag pole; another student took it down. The kid who took it down was expelled.

Kids in high school in California were sent home last year on Cinco de Mayo.  Why?  Because they wore T-shirts with the American flag printed on them.

Enough is enough.

The message needs to be viewed by every American and every American needs to stand up for America.  We've bent over backwards to appease the America-haters long enough.  I'm taking a stand.

I'm standing up because the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in the wars that were fought for this country and for the U.S. flag can't stand up.

And shame on anyone who tries to make this a racist message.  Let me make this perfectly clear:

This is MY country! And because I make this statement it does NOT mean I'm against immigration.  I am not -- hell, my ancestors were immigrants!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY, but only if you come through LEGALLY and:

1. Get a sponsor.
2. Get a place to lay your head.
3. Get a job.
4. Live by the same rules the rest of us have to live by.
5. Pay your taxes.
6. Learn to speak our language like all immigrants -- our ancestors -- did in the past.
7. Please don't demand that we hand over our lifetime savings of Social Security Funds to you.

and last but certainly not least ...

8. Since American children are no longer allowed to  pray in schools, your children shouldn't be allowed to either.

When will Americans stop giving away their rights?  We've gone so far the other way and we have bent over backwards not to offend anyone. But it seems no one cares anymore about the American citizen that's being offended.

Wake up America!

If you agree, please share this with everyone you know.

If you don't agree, well gee, maybe YOU are part of the problem ..."


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.