"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Humor: "Grammas and Grampas"

Grammas and Grampas are Different ...
I thought it would be a good time for a little levity here at Memoirs. Too much heavy stuff lately.

I found this in my email this morning from Craig Latham. Thank you, Craig! I needed the laugh today!

Have you ever wondered what the difference is between Grammas and Grampas? I mean besides the obvious, of course ...

Well, here it is:

There was this loving grandfather who always made a special effort to spend time with his son's family on the weekends. Every Saturday morning he would take his seven-year-old granddaughter, Lizzie, out for a little drive in the car for some quality time together -- just he and his granddaughter.

One particular Saturday morning, however, he had a bad cold and really didn't feel up to getting out of bed at all. He knew Lizzie always looked forward to their drives and she would probably be disappointed. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and told him she would fill in for him and take their granddaughter for a Saturday drive.

When his wife and Lizzie returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her grandfather who was still sick in bed. "Well, did you enjoy your ride with gramma?" he asked her.

"Oh, yes, Pop-Pop, it was really wonderful! But ya know something? We didn't see one single asshole, blind bastard, dipshit or even a son of a bitch anywhere we went!"

Almost brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale


Feel free to comment on this post. You are also invited to write about anything you feel comfortable sharing. Memoirs From Nam is YOUR blog. You are writing America's history, sharing the truth about the Vietnam veteran, and what it was like in Our War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.