"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Monday, July 4, 2011

Further Thoughts: Bob Butcher


Dear CJ,

Happy 4th of July.  I was up early enjoying the quiet time and, of course, my coffee.  I have been having these same thoughts running through my head and I just wanted to share them. 

When I retired a year ago, I wanted something to stimulate my new freedom so, having always liked photography, I went out and bought a new camera and enrolled in photography school.  Well, I can tell you that not only has my appreciation for the world around me changed, but my thoughts run crazy all the time. 

I started telling my wife some of the things I see and feel when I look at something or someone.  So, she says to me, "Why dont you keep a journal?"  She is pretty smart.  She journals all the time and has shared some of it with me.   What a blessing. 

So, as I start this new journey of awareness, I would like to encourage all of my fellow vets and their family members to write down what they feel. We have come a long way since Nam and we can be of so much help to ourselves, and to others, by just being what God has called us to do:  be disciples to others, share yourself with others through pictures and words.  You might just impact someone who needs to hear what we have to say. 

I send you blessings and say thank you for all you do.
Bob Butcher 
aka the Bman
54th ORD Company
Long Bein Vietnam
October '68 - June '70
                                                                                                       

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.