"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Friday, January 16, 2015

Obama's State of the Union Address

President Obama

At the State of the Union Address next Tuesday, January 20, 2015, President Obama will be telling the country about his agenda for the year.

With just two years left in his presidency, this speech will be one of his last major opportunities to make a strong commitment to protecting and strengthening Social Security and Medicare.

You probably haven't forgotten that not too long ago, he considered making cuts to Social Security to fix the national debt – I know I haven't forgotten.  Those proposals were defeated, but new threats could come in the year ahead.

This is Obama's opportunity to stand up for the benefits we've earned. I am hoping he takes that stand.

That's why I sent him a message and urged him to use the State of the Union Address to honor his prior commitment to protect and strengthen Social Security and Medicare.  This isn't just for us, but also for our children and grandchildren.

We need for him to hear from 50,000 people – please take the next step.  Send him a message and ask your friends and family to send a message, too.  It only takes a minute. 

The form already has a canned message in it, but I found that you can easily change the message.  Put it in your own words and write what your thoughts are about protecting Social Security and Medicare. 

It's time "We The People" speak out about how we want things in this country ...

Send a Message to President Obama

Thank you!
CJ


“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do, and by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale


Feel free to comment on this post. You are also invited to write about anything you want to share. Memoirs From Nam is YOUR blog. You are writing America's history.

Send it to me in an e-mail and I will be proud to post it for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.