"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Keeping Your Anonymity

To Vietnam Veterans, their Families and Friends:

Would you feel more comfortable sending a story, a memory, or your thoughts to me for the blog, if you could remain anonymous?  Someone suggested this to me yesterday morning and I don't know why I didn't think of it, but I didn't, and for that I apologize.  If you want to send something in and you choose to be anonymous, please tell me.  I will understand completely. 

Once again, here are some ideas for you to think about. These are all examples of what I am looking for.  If you have other ideas for things that aren't listed below, feel free!

Did you form friendship bonds that have lasted since Nam?

Do you write poetry about those years that you would like to share?

Did you have a commanding officer you respected above all others?

Do you have a comical memory to share? 

Did you receive a medal? Would you like to share how you earned it?

Did you have any profound or unusual experiences of a spiritual or psychic nature while you were in Nam, or after you returned home?

Do you have a memorable story about the Vietnamese people or, specifically, the children?

Have you visited the Vietnam Wall Memorial in D.C.? Would you share your experience?

Do you have a friend or a family member who was in Vietnam? Is there a special memory you would like to share about them?

Please send whatever you would like to share to me here: poeticlady99@yahoo.com and please tell me if you wish to stay anonymous and I will abide by your wishes.

Thank you.

God Bless America!

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” ~Everett Hale


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.