"Sharing can be a way of healing. Grief and loss can isolate,
anger even alienate. Shared with others, emotions unite
as we see we aren't alone. We realize others weep with us."
~Susan Wittig Albert

Through our writing, we walk out of the darkness into the light
together, one small step at a time, recording history, educating
America, and we are healing.
~CJ/Todd Dierdorff



Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lessons to Learn From

I received another email from Damon Piletz, this time about another Vietnam Vet. Again, I want to share it with those of you hungry for more information. Thank you sincerely, again, Damon. ~CJ

"RE: Your Blog
From: Damon Piletz
To: CJ Heck

Before I became an elementary teacher, I worked as a licensed private investigator. I worked with a Vietnam Veteran who was tight-lipped about his experiences. After some prodding, he shared them with me when he was over to the house for dinner one night.

He let it all out ... it was hard to swallow it all. I was so proud of him. He had been silent for so long -- and for what reasons? He refuses to write it all down ... I have it now in my memory and I will write it down after he passes on. History is dead if it not passed on!

So many people protested Vietnam and were so passionate about it that it resulted in people not sharing their important, crucial stories of truth. It's a shame. That war has so many lessons for us to learn from.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to email me back. Again, thank you for opening up your blog for others to hear the truth of how it was. We live in a time now where many of the same situations are happening in Iraq . My heart aches for this country and the brave men and women who fight with the great, and misunderstood American Spirit.

-Damon"

Once again, I thank you, Damon, for your honesty and for sharing your thoughts. We have to get the word out there for others.
Always,
CJ

God Bless America.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.